Part Time -Front Desk (Master Multi-tasker/Fun Ambassador)
In this position, you are the main Ambassador of Fun - and we're all about fun! "Fun is how we roll." The front desk is really "command central" for the entire bowling center, and there's never a dull moment. Greet the quests, help them get set up to bowl, answer questions over the phone, check out guests, and do whatever you can to make the guest excited to return.
Our facility has food and drinks, bowling, video games, pool, and Idaho's largest indoor dart center. Previous work experience is not necessary, but a customer friendly personality is required!
To greet, direct, and monitor guests; answer questions, resolve problems, and perform various control desk operations to ensure a memorable experience.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow/observe Meridian Lanes's Customer Service Standards; wear required uniform, smile and greet guests, give out/mention current marketing promotion, ask the guest about their experience, thank the guest, and invite them back.
- Greet guests, determine needs, assign open lanes and provide start up instructions as necessary.
- Sales - answer guest inquiries over the phone and in person; provide information related to procedures, hours of operation, promotions and discounts in effect, services available, league opportunities, prices, birthday parties and the like.
- Perform opening/closing responsibilities at start of shift and end of shift; balance receipts, count cash and complete daily shift paperwork.
- Operate control desk terminal; turn on lanes, review record of charges, take payments, return change, provide scores and/or pro-shop slip receipts as requested or required.
- May set bumpers as requested by bowling guests.
- Perform various activities related to rental shoes; distribute, record, disinfect, and return shoes.
- Resolve guest problems and concerns. Refer serious problems to management or call the police for assistance.
- Make announcements to guests over the P.A. system regarding specials, promotions, practice time limits, etc.
- Make daily entries in the log book that reflect problems, customer incidence, lane conditions, and/or general summary of shift.
- Perform guest preparation duties; coordinate lane assignments, monitor practice times, etc.
- Issue, record and redeem gift certificates, coupons, etc. according to company policy.
- Maintain front desk/entry area - wash windows, vacuum carpets as needed; and provide interim clean-up of settee area - wipe tables, remove trash, etc.
- Communicate with pit crew down back; operate call buttons, relay information, log calls, check response time.
- Perform other various duties as assigned by management related to daily operations.
To apply please come into the lanes and fill out an application.